Wednesday, December 4, 2019

The Big Ouch and Medical NadaVille


Several uneventful days after the Chiro, I had lunch at the Longhorn. Afterwards, as I slid out the booth something slipped, broke, or simply went haywire.  I couldn't put any weight on the left leg without excruciating pain.

That Big Ouch was on October 30th.

They say it's pain radiating from a slipped disk, but to my Pain Meter (now pegged higher than ever) it feels like (or I imagine it feeling like) a freaking broken leg.

The Urgent Care Clinic was one stop early in the game. Nice clean place, but the doctor on duty, perhaps suspecting I was a pillhead busking for a new Rx for opioids, had me pee in a jar.  He said it was possible I had a kidney stone and gave me a scrip for Aleve.  Ha, ha.  Was he even listening?

So I went to the E.R. at the hospital up the street from where we live. The attention and questions there were more intelligent, but other than a smorgasbord of pills to take home, there was no treatment or diagnosis offered.  The doctor on duty said I should get an MRI, which was the best takeaway.  Maybe to make me feel better, he said it was probably just a deep muscle strain.

I was in NadaVille getting nowhere. An optimist would say I was working my way through the briars to get to the green meadow. But to me it was all Nada.

I would have to suck it up and get an MRI and to do that I had to revisit my GP for a scrip.  Like Go Back to Go, do not collect $200.

No comments:

Post a Comment