Sunday, December 8, 2019

Injections


Right before Thanksgiving I had round 1 of the epidural injections. They gave me four shots near the L2/L3 area.

My understanding is the shots were directed into the spinal canal and were meant to "bathe" the general area with a cocktail of pain-relieving steroid medications.

Two days later I had significant relief, and my hopes were high. Unfortunately, things never got any better in week one, and my pain mostly returned in week two.  The week had a variety of ups and downs and varying sensations.

Round 2 of the injections is a couple of days from now.•

*As it turned out, this was a consultation and assessment visit. Soon the doc is going on Xmas vacation, and my injections appointment is now January 2, 2020.

Three fucking weeks out.

He advised again for me to be patient and to rest. He also brightened things by telling me again that sometimes protruding disk material is re-absorbed and dissolved, thereby moving away from the crowded or pinched nerve. Relief the natural way. One can hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment