Thursday, December 12, 2019

Aspirins and Acupuncture Needles

I have had to abstain a week from aspirin (and all other NSAIDs) prior to the second epidural. But now that the procedure has been moved to January 2, there's a window of time to take what I want.

I chose to go back to Bayer aspirins for a couple of days. In generous dosages. I fantasize that they work better than ibuprofen or acetaminophen. The other back drugs I currently take are for muscle spasms. If things get really bad, I have some Tramadol and a couple of Oxy's stashed away.

Today I went to visit an acupuncturist who my wife (who has also had back troubles) has been seeing.  The acupuncturist herself has back problems too and was well-tuned to anything I described. She also has that sort of sixth sense from being knowledgeable about Chinese medicine (tongue and pulse readings, herbs, etc) that led me to experience a different sort of examination, one that reminded, with all respect, of being with a psychic.

On leaving I paused to look at a purple crystal displayed in a central place of honor on her work table. She asked if I was looking at the nearby packages of needles, implying perhaps trepidation on my part. I said no, I have no fear of needles, and added by the way that the purple crystal is beautiful.

At this point I am not sure if or when I will start any acupuncture treatments. Seems the best route is to wait until the holidays and the 2nd set of injections are over.  And decide then.


No comments:

Post a Comment