Saturday, February 8, 2020

Physical Rehab Works (so far)

I went into Thursday's PT session #2 more optimistic than before, ready to welcome the drills and stretches and massage that would help strengthen and lead me out of Pain City.

I wasn't disappointed.  Sore, but stronger and ready for the next session on Monday. Most importantly, I have been walking more without the cane.

The therapist worked me hard, stepping me up from the gentler sort of exercises I had been doing the past ten days. I left limber and aware of muscles in my legs and midsection that I had forgotten after three months of doing basically nothing.

This coming week, there are two more PT's then a Friday followup with the Pain Management doc. I am imagining, hoping, half-expecting this to be my last visit there for a long while.  At least six months before anymore steroid shots are allowable.  What else does the mad scientist have in mind? We'll see.

And what do the therapists at CCFL PT have in store for me? We'l see about that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment