Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Meanwhile at Rehab...and History Chart Notions

Yesterday's brief adventure on the medievil leg stretcher machine left me sore. Here on the next day I'm hobbling more than usual.  I said with bravado I'd try it again, but next time I'll tell the therapist no. The position on that machine aggravated my back.

Overall, the sessions have strengthened my body and spirit, and I have an improved center of balance. I can do without a cane 90% now. My weakest moments are extended periods standing. Even walking is better than standing still. The duration of either activity is not where it should be, by a long shot.
I don't know what a 72-year could should be capable of. Sometimes I think my therapist forgets that I'm un viejo, and I have to remind her.

There have been days I would rather not go, and I suppose that's a normal feeing. But once there, I immediately get the energy and hopeful vibes from the therapist and others at work, and the hour goes quickly. I am scheduled through March and then will have an evaluation as to what's next.

Last night in my 3 am sleeplessness period, I envisioned. timeline for all of this so I won't have to explain so much to the next doctor I see.  The chart would cover major events from September to the Present, a History at a Glance sort of thing. When I have the time and uninterrupted quiet.

There will be another doctor, I tell myself.  I plan to switch Pain Mgmt docs and go to either CCFL or Memorial and ask for help on this Piriformis or whatever it is pain.  I'll ask for an injection. And images, x-ray or CT, of the pelvic area. Something I've asked for in the past and never had.


No comments:

Post a Comment