Monday, February 17, 2020

Mystery Origins

My Doc's PA said the excruciating pain remaining in my left hip/butt and leg may be due to the sacroiliac joint or SI joint, which is the junction of the sacrum and ilium. An SI problem can mock the same symptoms as a protruding disk.  The only way to know for sure is to have a diagnostic injection into the joint.

This hip & leg stuff has been an excruciating ailment for months, caused by sciatica they say. The source of the pain is the herniated disc, they said, whose ruptured content impinges on nerves in the spinal canal.

Now I 'm not sure they were right or wrong or half and half. It's like a game of Clue.

My current theory on my second and now worst ailment? As the ER doc said, and as my PT therapist believes, the hip/butt area pain is more likely muscular. A deep strain of the piraformis, painful in itself and raising hell by pinching the sciatic nerve as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment