Sunday, January 26, 2020

Scientific Method - or Playing Hunches

It's been two weeks since that brief sighting of "the Corner" where one hopes to turn. This morning I have a hunch it might be approaching again. I feel some relief.

I took Flexeril last night and put the dreaded Tizaninine away in a drawer. The Flex did a gentler job of relaxing muscles and easing the vicious grip and locked sensation the pinched nerve has put on me. I added 12 hours of sleep.

With the scientific method, you try something, and if it doesn't work, you try something else. The doctors frown at any deviation from the Rx dosages and schedules, but their approach having failed, I try different variations myself.

There is plenty of pain, impatience, and gnawing desperation to blame it on.

Best hunch is the worst of the pain will settle down and I'll be getting around with less pain by mid-February. Not sure if that's a hunch or a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment