Monday, April 20, 2020

Politely Contentious

Monday. The journey through the maze of gatekeepers and box-checkers continues.

FaceTime visits with a cardiologist and then a pulmonary guy were major hurdles in the battle to get clearance for surgery. The doctors want to be liberal about allowing it, and at the same time one of them wants to stubbornly hold to a moment in history's records, just as stubbornly as I want to deny it.

Somewhere there is a middle ground, and I'm tired of being jerked around by both sides. Eventually the decisions will have to come from my neurosurgeon who put all this fast-track path in motion to begin with.

As my wife recommended, I have to try and put these skirmishes into individual boxes (the lids rattle with the zeal of authority trying to prevail). And when they are in those boxes, I return my focus to the main goal, which is to have the back operation.  I never expected it to be such an entangled and often politely contentious path to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment