Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Decision Day (maybe) Approaches

The Options:  The outcomes hinge on whether or not my surgery is allowed, in this COVID19 Virus time of essential vs. non-essential care. The consultation call in four days with a neurosurgeon will decide that one way or the other. In some sense, I feel like I am going into an interview. That if I am pitifully lame enough and ingratiating, I will have surgery. If I am not of the proper demeanor or criteria, I will go to the back of the line. Simplistic exaggeration? No, it's how I write it.

1.  Have the surgery.  Unless it involves fusion, in which case I will decline.

2.  Wait until Mother Nature absorbs the damaged disk, and the pinched nerve pain dissipates. This could take weeks, a year, or never happen.

3.  Get yet another neurosurgeon's opinion. This is likely if surgery is delayed by COVID19 situation.

4.  Make no decision at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment