Monday, April 13, 2020

Plans are Underway (nervous fanfare)

The thirty minutes with the neurosurgeon via FaceTime today went smoother than I expected. He seems a caring and highly respectable guy. After discussing what the surgery does and doesn't do, I asked to sign up. To my surprise, he  is actively taking up my cause.

The neurosurgeon has already put his staff into motion coordinating the pre-op tests, hoping to justify surgery and squeeze it all in during these chaotic days of COVID19. My case is judged as potentially getting worse and further threatening my ability to do normal activities. Or something like that. So I'm hopefully in...as long as I pass the tests.

I have at least six appointments showing up on my schedule, all off the pre-op variety. Some are office and lab exams/tests/imaging (3 Wednesday), some FaceTime, one is for the COVID testing drive-thru.

Due to the virus restrictions, no accompanying adults are allowed inside the building. Doing this solo is a chilly prospect.

My neurosurgeon is pencilled in at the end of the month. This is an in-person meeting, and then the following morning at five-thirty, if all goes without a hitch, there will be a 90-minute surgery. Who knows?  By June, I might be back to normal. A guy can hope.






No comments:

Post a Comment