Thursday, March 12, 2020

PT in the Days of CoronaVirus

I tense up in the waiting room, which is a shared room with regular patients and the PT people.  The regular patients are of varying decrepit appearances, and in my imagination any of them could be a carrier.

Once I get inside the PT gym, I feel less exposed, but that can be a false perception. So far, no one has mentioned the virus to me.  The therapists tend to wear gloves more often and use a lot of spray disinfectant on the workout machines and bed areas. Some patients wear masks. I'm not certain (at any location) if this means they have it or don't want to have it.

I will likely suspend my PT trips next week, or Cleveland Clinic might suspend them first. It's getting crazy out there, and everyone is moving toward increased home isolation.  Nothing is certain. Everything for everyone is day by day.  It's mid-March year 2020. Major concerts and sporting events (the Final Four & The Masters to name two) are canceled, as are any large gatherings of people. Cities are going into shelter and stay put mode.

Will the ban include precincts where voting is held? Let's hope not. FL seems determined to vote.


No comments:

Post a Comment